Grandparent’s Rights Lawyer Salt Lake City
Grandparent’s Rights: The fallout of divorce goes beyond the immediate family of parents and children. Grandparents who have watched their grandsons and granddaughters grow up also feel a sense of loss. They wonder if they will ever be able to spend quality time with them.
While parents may decide that grandparent visitation is not in the best interests of their children, grandparents do not have to accept their decision. In fact, they can pursue legal action to prove that they can play a vital role in the lives of their grandchildren. The courts can also interview their grandchildren and take their wishes into account.
An experienced Salt Lake City Family Law Attorney fighting for Grandparents Rights.
A Dedicated Salt Lake City Family Law Attorney Fighting For Grandparents’ Rights
Grandparents can assert their rights for visitation with their grandchildren when certain factors exist, including:
- A grandparent is fit and proper to have visitation rights
- Parents who are unfit or incompetent
- A substantial grandchild-grandparent relationship or a grandparent serving as a custodian or caregiver
- A grandparent’s child becoming a noncustodial parent or dying
- Visitation denied or unreasonably limited
- Parents abusing drugs or serving time in jail
- A grandparent’s child missing for an extended period of time
At Emy A. Cordano, Attorney at Law, I will help you assert and protect your rights as a grandparent who wants to continue the close relationship you enjoy with your grandchild. At your initial consultation, I will listen to your concerns and communicate the rights you have. Throughout the entire process, I will remain at your side while always focusing on the best interests of your grandchildren.