Knowing when is the perfect time to file for divorce can be difficult because the truth is there is no such thing as the right time. A divorce can occur at any time. But how do you know that this time is really it? If you are stuck and don’t seem to move forward, it may be time to untie the knot. In rare cases, both spouses reach the decision to get a divorce at the same time. It is usually one partner wanting to end the relationship. If this is you, consult a Salt Lake City divorce attorney. An attorney can take a look at your current circumstances and suggest the best course of action. But let’s take a look at some signs it might be time to go separate ways.
Signs it might be time to call your divorce attorney
- You want to be on your own – While it is okay to crave alone time to recharge, if you are convinced that being alone would be better than staying in your relationship, then it might be time to end your marriage.
- You feel your needs are not met – Whether that be your physical and emotional needs, your spouse should fulfill those needs. It is difficult to find balance and happiness in a one-sided relationship. While some things you can fix, if your partner is not involved and does not want to improve your relationship, things can get worse.
- You’re in for the kids – Children deserve to grow in a happy home. They can sense when you or your spouse are not happy. You don’t want them to have the wrong concept of marriage. Don’t stay together for the kids. Happy parents raise happy children.
- You have tried everything to fix your relationship – Some couples have tried counseling and other things and no matter how hard they have tried, things don’t seem to improve. Again, if both partners are not committed to making the marriage work, it might be time to move on.
- Abusive behavior – You should not put any kind of abuse, whether physical or emotional. Contact a domestic violence hotline immediately and file for divorce as soon as you can.
- Lack of trust – Every relationship is based on trust and mutual respect. If you can no longer trust your spouse, it might be a sign to end your relationship.
- It’s cheaper to stay married – If the only reason you want to stay with your spouse is your finances, consider plan B. No matter how much money you have saved, an unhappy marriage will make your life miserable.
- It is embarrassing – Don’t worry about what people will think. People always have an opinion on everything. It is your life and you know what’s the right thing to do.
We help couples in Salt Lake City to divorce peacefully. Even in highly contested divorce cases, we represent our clients zealously. Call us today and schedule your initial case assessment with family law attorney Emy A. Cordano.