Some Situations That May Require A Post Divorce Modification

It happens very often to divorced parents where their changed circumstances require a post-divorce modification. If you need more child support or if you are a non-custodial parent who is currently unemployed, you may need to modify your divorce agreement. Consult a Salt Lake City divorce modification attorney about the possibility of obtaining a modification to your existing divorce decree. Whatever your situation might be, the court will take into consideration a few factors and determine whether or not your appeal is valid.

If your former spouse is not providing child support or alimony as stated in your existing divorce decree, you need to contact a Salt Lake City divorce modification attorney immediately and enforce those payments. It is common for non-custodial parents to skip child support and spousal support payments. However, you can only modify the terms and conditions of your current divorce decree with the help of a qualified family law attorney such as Emy A. Cordano. There are times when some parents refuse to cooperate or comply with a friendly request so legal action may be taken against the irresponsible party.

Situations and circumstances can change at any time, and these changes may necessitate modifications to the established separation agreement. Contact us today and schedule your initial consultation. Modifications can be complicated, especially if you don’t have a well-versed family law attorney by your side.

Related Posts
  • Modifications To Reflect The New You Read More
  • Types Of Court Modifications Read More