EMY A. Cordano, Attorney at Law
We Are Open & Accepting New Clients
We Are Open & Accepting New Clients
Contact Us For A Case Review
Call Us 801-804-5152
Text Us 801-821-8561

The Avenues
Enforcement Order Attorney

Enforcement Order Lawyer The Avenues

When you go through a divorce, the process can get tough. Separating from someone you were in love with and married to is hard, particularly if there are children involved. You have to learn a new normal and begin moving on with your life.

Part of being able to move on requires both parties in a separation abiding by the court-ordered divorce settlement. When it comes to things like child support, custody, and alimony, there are terms that must be followed. If either party fails to do their part, old wounds can get reopened.

When you need an Avenues enforcement order attorney, turn to Emy A. Cordano, Attorney at Law, for help. She will walk you through the process of ensuring that your settlement is upheld.

What Is At Stake

While we may all wish that divorce settlements are final and that we will never have to deal with our ex-spouse again, we know that is not always the case. So, what is at stake?

  1. Alimony Payments: If you are supposed to receive or pay alimony, there may be times when the amount needs to be adjusted based on life changes.
  2. Child Support Payments: If you are ordered to pay child support, you must do so. If you need to make changes, you need to petition the court. The same goes for those who are receiving payments.
  3. Child Custody: Because of the multiple variations on child custody and the potential for parental life changes, it is common to seek adjustments to child custody.
  4. Visitation: The sole custody parent has an obligation to follow court-ordered visitation rights of the non-custodial parent.

What Are Enforcement Orders

Enforcement orders are court orders that seek to remedy any issues relating to the divorce settlement. When you are considering obtaining an enforcement order, it would be wise to speak with an experienced attorney. Enforcement orders are technical and it is best to go through the process with someone who knows the system. You may find that an official letter from one party to the other is enough to get a resolution.

If the other party does not respond or continues to disobey the original settlement, then you and your attorney can petition the court for an order mandating they follow the settlement.

Your Next Steps

“Sorry, I don’t have time right now.”

“I don’t have the money.”

Maybe you will take those answers once or twice, but when they become a pattern, you need to do something about it.

DO NOT take matters into your own hands. That will never work out in the long run. You need to work through the Utah family court system and you need to do it with an experienced attorney by your side.

When you need an enforcement order attorney in the Avenues, you can count on Emy A. Cordano, Attorney at Law. You can contact us by clicking here or call us at 801-804-5152 for an initial consultation.

    Contact Us

    All Fields are required
    By clicking submit you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.