We Are Open & Accepting New Clients
We Are Open & Accepting New Clients
Contact Us For A Case Review
Call Us 801-804-5152
Text Us 801-821-8561

The Avenues
Child Custody Attorney

Child Custody Lawyer The Avenues

It can easily become the hardest part of a divorce case – child custody.

We know how difficult divorce cases can become. There are so many issues involved, but emotions can run high when topics about your children are being settled. One thing is certain – you need a strong attorney by your side when dealing with these issues to make sure you are being treated fairly.

Whether a divorce is contested or uncontested if there are children involved you need to secure an Avenues child custody attorney. Turn to Emy A. Cordano, Attorney at Law, for the knowledge and experience you need.

So Complex

The issues that go into child custody are more complex than people realize. That is why, even in an uncontested divorce case, you should always seek legal assistance.

Child custody is not as simple as where a child will live. Yes, that is part of it. When it comes to living arrangements, we are talking about physical custody of the child. For physical custody, both parents can share joint custody or one parent can have sole custody.

Remember, Utah courts prefer that both parents remain in the child’s life (barring any substance or physical abuse that would prevent that). This means that the non-custodial parent will be granted visitation rights that need to be settled before a divorce is finalized and abided by after separation.

Legal custody refers to who gets to make legal decisions for the child. This mainly includes things like medical decisions and educational decisions. Again, there can be joint or sole custody for this type of custody.

We want to point out that just because a parent has sole physical custody does not mean they have sole legal custody and vice versa. The courts will work out what they believe is in the best interest of the child.

Child custody will also have bearing on final child support payment agreements that will be mandated by the court.


There may be a time when you have to request that an adjustment be made to custody arrangements. This could be because one parent relocates or if they lose their home. It could also have to do with allegations of abuse or neglect.

If adjustments need to be made, the court will have to be petitioned. Again, this process is easier with legal representation.

What You Can Do Now

If you are going through a divorce and you have children involved in the process, please seek legal advice. This is an emotional time for everyone involved and you do not want anything to happen that will jeopardize your ability to be in your child’s life. When you need a child custody attorney in the Avenues, Emy Cordano will be there for you. Let her years of experience work for you, making sure that you are treated fairly by the family court system. You can contact us by clicking here or call us at 801-804-5152 for an initial consultation.

    Contact Us

    All Fields are required
    By clicking submit you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.