EMY A. Cordano, Attorney at Law
We Are Open & Accepting New Clients
We Are Open & Accepting New Clients
Contact Us For A Case Review
Call Us 801-804-5152
Text Us 801-821-8561

Enforcement Order Attorney

Enforcement Order Lawyer Orem

Going through a divorce is extremely difficult. You did not get into your marriage thinking it would end, but sometimes divorce is the best thing for all parties involved. As much as we would like to say that the worst is over when the separation is complete, sometimes the other party refuses to abide by court orders in the aftermath of a divorce.

You may feel powerless against a former spouse who refuses to obey things like visitation schedules, alimony payments, child support payments, or other post-divorce matters.

You are not powerless.

When you need an enforcement order attorney, you can count on Emy A. Cordano, Attorney at Law. With decades of family law experience, she will fight for your rights.

The Issues

Divorces can be messy. Often, there are a few court-ordered requirements placed on one or both of the spouses. This can include:

  • Child custody: There are multiple variations of child custody, much of which determines where a child will live and who has legal rights over decisions regarding the child.
  • Visitation: The custodial parent must allow the non-custodial parent to have their ordered visitation unless they petition the court to change the requirements for a valid reason (physical abuse, substance abuse, etc.).
  • Child support: Both parties are responsible for supporting their children in the aftermath of a separation. Problems arise when one party does not pay the required amount.
  • Alimony: If one party is ordered to pay the other alimony, they must continue until the court says otherwise.

Enforcement Options

It will be much easier to deal with all of this with an attorney who can guide you through the process because enforcement orders are a technical, complicated court process. The first step may be sending an official letter to the other party letting them know you have obtained an attorney and that they need to abide by their court orders.

If the other party continues their behavior, you may need to go to court. You may have to do that to get back child support or alimony or to handle custody and visitation issues.

These are emotional situations and it is always better to have a third-party attorney handling it for you. You may not be clear-headed and you do not want to do or say anything to jeopardize your case.

What You Can Do Now

We know that this is a difficult time and that you want the whole divorce to be behind you. Unfortunately, your former spouse can make that difficult if they refuse to do what they are ordered to do by the courts.

Do not worry about what to do. Seek out an experienced and knowledgeable enforcement attorney in Orem. Emy A. Cordano, Attorney at Law, is exactly who you need fighting by your side. She will stop at nothing to ensure that you are taken care of. You can contact us by clicking here or call us at 801-804-5152 for an initial consultation.

    Contact Us

    All Fields are required
    By clicking submit you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.