EMY A. Cordano, Attorney at Law
We Are Open & Accepting New Clients
We Are Open & Accepting New Clients
Contact Us For A Case Review
Call Us 801-804-5152
Text Us 801-821-8561

Child Support Attorney

Child support disputes are some of the most common types of family-in-law issues our firm represents in Holladay. If you and your child’s other parent are unable to work out a child support agreement on your own, you may need the help and support of an experienced Holladay child support attorney to help you protect your rights and advocate for your children’s best interests. 

Attorney Emy A. Cordano, Attorney at Law, can help you through these difficult times. Start working on your case as soon as today when you contact our office for your initial consultation.

Who Pays Child Support in Holladay?

Under Utah law, both parents are required to provide financial support to their children. However, although many people assume that fathers are required to pay child support under the law, this is not the case. These days, more and more parents are entering into joint custody arrangements. 

In joint custody plans, child support may not be necessary if both parents are providing financial support to their children. Child support may only be necessary if one parent is spending more time, energy, and money-raising their child than the other parent is. Generally, if one parent retains physical custody and the other is a non-custodial parent, the non-custodial parent will be required to pay child support to the custodial parent. 

Parents who only retain visitation rights may also be required to pay child support to the custodial parent. If you have questions or concerns surrounding whether your child’s other parent should pay or is entitled to child support in Holladay, do not hesitate to contact your attorney for more information.

How Is Holladay Child Support Calculated?

Utah has a child support calculation system that takes several factors into account when determining how much child support should be ordered in any given case. some of the factors that may be considered include:

  • How much both parents make
  • Whether either parent has children from another prior relationship
  • Whether either parent has remarried
  • What your child custody plan looks like

Once a child support order has been implemented, the parent required to pay child support will be obligated to do so under the law. Failure to pay child support can result in adverse consequences, including wage garnishment, fines, seizure of IRS refunds, loss of gun and hunting permits, and even jail time.

If you are a parent who is unable to cover your child support costs in full, you may want to consider filing a request to modify your child support amounts. By proving to the court that your circumstances have changed considerably and are expected to for the foreseeable future, you may be able to avoid facing the harsh penalties of failing to pay your child support.

Contact a Child Support Lawyer in Holladay for Help

Whether you are interested in obtaining child support from your child’s other parent or challenging your child’s other parent’s request for child support, you may need a dedicated Holladay child support attorney to help you obtain a favorable outcome in your case.

Meet with Emy A. Cordano, Attorney at Law, when you are ready to get started on your case. You can reach our office by phone at 801-804-5152 or through our convenient contact form to schedule your initial consultation.

    Contact Us

    All Fields are required
    By clicking submit you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.